Eighth mission in the HABITAT MARTE research station will have a special focus on scientific dissemination
This weekend (28-29 December 2018), the eighth mission took place at the Habitat Marte space simulation station, in the city of Caiçara do Rio do Vento. The mission is to evaluate and improve the operations of Habitat Mars with a special focus on communication strategies and scientific dissemination. The team is composed of Flávio Rezende (mission journalist), Canindé Soares (mission photographer) and professor Julio Rezende (Commander).
During this mission, some activities will be developed:
- Evaluation of the decompression chamber;
- Evaluation of the Autonomous Modules of Sustainable Cooling (MARS);
- Evaluation of the experience of the Intravehicular Activities (IVA);
- Astronomical observation;
- Identification of opportunities for improvement of the Habitat Mars research station / survey of new needs;
- Make photos and videos of the mission's operation;
- Preparation of mission reports;
- Evaluation of the Operations Manual;
- Definition of the communication policy of missions on the internet;
- Definition of the Internet usage policy at the station;
- Operationalization of the Labor Gymnastics Policy.
More information can be found at www.HabitatMarte.com.
Prof. Julio Francisco Dantas de Rezende
Coordinator of Habitat Mars
Professor of the Department of Production Engineering (DEP) -UFRN
Director of Innovation of the Research Support Foundation of the RN (FAPERN)
Phone: 55 84 99981-8160.